Almost every weekend through October is filled with great opportunities to visit amazing gardens, buy the best plants, and enjoy special programming through our Digging Deeper events.
- Click here to see the complete online schedule!
- For a complete 2016 printable schedule of Open Days by date, click here.
- For Frequently Asked Questions about Open Days, click here.
Our Open Days Directory is Back!
Get complete details on the 2016 season with our Open Days Directory (shipping in mid-April). With an updated design and new features, the directory is your complete guide to private gardens, specialty plant growers and nurseries, and hundreds of public gardens. Order your copy today! The directory includes a free admission ticket that never expires. Remember, Garden Conservancy members get a free Directory!
"Thank you! I really missed the directory which made it so
easy to plan ahead and see a full schedule." —Kathryn W.
"oh goody - so simple and efficient........doesn't break down, need
ink/paper/electricity -have to print (then lose).......great news "
The directory is $25.95 (we ship it free!). Click here to order or call 1.888.842.2442 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday EST.
- Register here for special email updates and reminders about Open Days in your area. We will send you announcements about our 2016 season. You will also receive a Save the Date email three weeks before Open Days in your area and another one the week of the tour.
- Follow our popular Facebook page for beautiful photography, garden news, and last minute updates.
- Follow us on Instagram @thegardenconservancy and share your garden photos with hashtag #gcopendays
Open Days is 99% Volunteer Driven!
We have a small staff here in New York and we work hard to create the best garden-visiting program in America, but we can't do it alone. We have hundreds of volunteers around the country who make it possible. We hope you will consider joining them.
- Become a Regional Representative—Our “Reps” work directly with us to nominate and select gardens, schedule events, promote Open Days locally, and interact with gardeners and visitors in their area.
- Share Your Garden—Open Days gardens include everything from the inspirational work of weekend hobbyists and passionate beginners to professional designers. Enjoy the energy of interacting with fellow garden lovers who will be inspired by your garden.
- Greet Visitors—Share your knowledge of the local area and spend time meeting new garden lovers. Work individually or volunteer with a friend for an enjoyable day in the garden that requires no pre-planning or garden work.
To learn more about how you can get involved with the Open Days Program, click here.
Of course, you can always call or email us to talk about gardens in your area. Here is that information: toll-free information line 1.888.842.2442. At the moment we only answer this line Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST. We respond to emails after hours: email@example.com.