The Garden Conservancy is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to saving and sharing outstanding American gardens for the education and inspiration of the public. Our headquarters office is in New York's Hudson Valley in Garrison, and our West Coast office in the Presidio in San Francisco, California.
There are no job openings at the Garden Conservancy at the moment, but below are some opportunities at some of our partner organizations across the country:
- Executive Director, Lord & Schryver Conservancy, Salem, OR
- The Lord & Schryver Conservancy, whose mission is to preserve and interpret the legacy of pioneering Pacific Northwest landscape architects Elizabeth Lord and Edith Schryver, is recruiting its first full-time Executive Director. Candidates should have experience in leadership, fundraising, program development, and community outreach. Read the job description.
Posted September 28, 2017
- Garden Director, PowellsWood Garden, Federal Way, WA
- The garden director is responsible for the day to day operations of the garden, a four-acre, English-influenced private garden within thirty-five acres of forest. Read the job description and application process. PowellsWood is a member of the Garden Conservancy Northwest Network.
Posted September 15, 2017
- Executive Director, Ruth Bancroft Garden, Walnut Creek, CA
- The executive director is responsible for helping the Board ensure the garden, a Garden Conservancy preservation partner, fulfills its mission and long-term strategic plan. Read the job description and application process.
Posted September 5, 2017
- Garden Manager, Lakewold Gardens, Lakewood, WA
- The garden manager supervises and coordinates activities of the Horticulture Team engaged in maintenance, repair and development of Lakewold Gardens and its facilities. Read the job description. Lakewold is a member of the Garden Conservancy Northwest Network.
Posted September 5, 2017
- Landscape Director, The Fells Historic Estate and Gardens, Newbury, NH
- The Fells has initiated a search for a part-time seasonal landscape director. The Fells, a Garden Conservancy preservation partner, is located on the eastern shore of Lake Sunapee, facing Mount Sunapee in Newbury, New Hampshire, near Dartmouth College and easy access to I-89. Read the job description and application process.
Posted July 21, 2017
- Executive Director, Greenwood Gardens, Short Hills, NJ
- The executive director serves as the chief executive officer, primary spokesperson, and lead advocate for Greenwood Gardens, a 28-acre historic garden oasis incorporated as a nonprofit organization. Located twenty-five miles west of New York City in Essex County, Greenwood Gardens opened to the public in 2013 and is a Garden Conservancy preservation partner. Read the job description and application process.
Posted April 18, 2017