The Garden Conservancy is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to saving and sharing outstanding American gardens for the education and inspriation of the public. Our headquarters office is in Hudson Valley at Garrison, New York, and our West Coast office in the Presidio in San Francisco, California.
Current job openings at the Garden Conservancy:
- President and Chief Executive Officer, Garrison, NY
Reporting to the board of directors, the President and CEO will provide strategic leadership, management, and direction for the Conservancy, and pursue a clear and impactful vision for the organization going forward.
To apply or nominate: Please send applications or nominations to Mark Tarnacki at GardenConservancy@PhillipsOppenheim.com.
- Director of Fellows Tours, Garrison, NY
The Director of Fellows Tours will develop, plan, and execute a well-rounded schedule of garden-study tours and day trips to enrich and expand the Garden Conservancy’s Society of Fellows program in keeping with the Garden Conservancy’s core mission.
To apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention "Director of Fellows Tours" in the subject line.
- Communications Intern, Garrison, NY
- A summer internship for a communications major with a focus on social media. Read the full job description.
- Documentation Project Assistant, Garrison, NY
- An assistant in our garden documentation program, including gathering, organizing, and assessment of archival materials. Read the full job description.
Opportunities at some of our partner organizations across the country:
- Executive Director, Lakewold Gardens, Lakewood, WA
- The Executive Director of Lakewold Gardens functions as the Chief Executive Officer of the corporation, responsible for implementation of policies set by the Board of Directors as well as annual goals and objectives, and financial, program, and administrative management of the corporation. Read the full job description and how to apply.
- Garden Manager, Wing Haven Gardens & Bird Sanctuary, Charlotte, NC
- Manage and direct the daily operations of the gardens, grounds, structures, and nursery of a historic garden in the Myers Park neighborhood of Charlott, NC. Read the full job description and how to apply. The application deadline is February 15, 2017.
- Horticulture Apprenticeship 2017, Yew Dell Botanical Gardens, Crestwood, KY
- Twelve-month internship for recent college graduates, an opportunity to gain hands-on experience and have exposure to all the workings of a public botanical garden. Read the full job description.
To apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, a letter of recommendation from your academic advisor, and two letters of recommendation from former or current employers via www.hortjobs.com.
- Estate gardener, Bakwin Garden, central Westchester County, NY
- A year-round, fulltime job at a 50-acre estate in central Westchester. The garden has been featured in our Open Days and many other tours. For more information and contact details, read the attached description from the garden owner.
- Program & Outreach Manager, Rhododendron Species Botanical Garden, Federal Way, WA
The Rhododendron Species Botanical Garden, a member of the Garden Conservancy Northwest Network, seeks an energetic person to support its program services and outreach initiatives. This position supports the garden's executive director and assistant directors.Read the full job description.
To apply: Please send your resume and a cover letter to Steve Hootman at email@example.com.
- GCA Scholarships, Fellowships, and Internships
The Garden Club of America invites qualified students at the undergraduate and post graduate levels to apply for one of twenty-seven merit based scholarships, fellowships, internships, and awards. These scholarship offerings fund the study of diverse subjects in the areas of botany, ecology, horticulture, the environment and more. In 2016, eighty-three awards were made to students studying in the U.S. and abroad.
The GCA website at www.gcamerica.org/scholarships provides a comprehensive listing of scholarship offerings, application requirements, deadlines, and funding levels as well as information on previous scholarship recipients.
Page last updated on March 22, 2017
A few personal perspectives
Volunteer with us!
Recent news from the Garden Conservancy.