The Garden Conservancy is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to saving and sharing outstanding American gardens for the education and inspiration of the public. Our headquarters office is in New York's Hudson Valley in Garrison, and our West Coast office in the Presidio in San Francisco, California.
Current job openings at the Garden Conservancy:
- Communications Intern, Garrison, NY
- A summer internship for a communications major with a focus on social media. Read the full job description.
Opportunities at some of our partner organizations across the country:
- Executive Director, Greenwood Gardens, Short Hills, NJ
- The executive director serves as the chief executive officer, primary spokesperson, and lead advocate for Greenwood Gardens, a 28-acre historic garden oasis incorporated as a nonprofit organization. Located twenty-five miles west of New York City in Essex County, Greenwood Gardens opened to the public in 2013. Read the job description and application process. Posted April 18, 2017
- Gardener, Soos Creek Botanical Garden, Auburn, WA
- Part-time garden maintenance position, with hours varying by season. Read the job description and application process. Posted April 17, 2017
- Executive Director, Lakewold Gardens, Lakewood, WA
- The executive director of Lakewold Gardens functions as the chief executive officer of the corporation, responsible for implementation of policies set by the board of directors as well as annual goals and objectives, and financial, program, and administrative management of the corporation. Read the full job description and how to apply.
- Horticulture Apprenticeship 2017, Yew Dell Botanical Gardens, Crestwood, KY
- Twelve-month internship for recent college graduates, an opportunity to gain hands-on experience and have exposure to all the workings of a public botanical garden. Read the full job description.
To apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, a letter of recommendation from your academic advisor, and two letters of recommendation from former or current employers via www.hortjobs.com.
- Estate gardener, Bakwin Garden, central Westchester County, NY
- A year-round, fulltime job at a 50-acre estate in central Westchester. The garden has been featured in our Open Days and many other tours. For more information and contact details, read the attached description from the garden owner.
- GCA Scholarships, Fellowships, and Internships
The Garden Club of America invites qualified students at the undergraduate and post graduate levels to apply for one of twenty-seven merit based scholarships, fellowships, internships, and awards. These scholarship offerings fund the study of diverse subjects in the areas of botany, ecology, horticulture, the environment and more. In 2016, eighty-three awards were made to students studying in the U.S. and abroad.
The GCA website at www.gcamerica.org/scholarships provides a comprehensive listing of scholarship offerings, application requirements, deadlines, and funding levels as well as information on previous scholarship recipients.
Page last updated on April 25, 2017
A few personal perspectives
Volunteer with us!
Recent news from the Garden Conservancy.