The Garden Conservancy is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to saving and sharing outstanding American gardens for the education and inspiration of the public. Our headquarters office is in New York's Hudson Valley in Garrison, and our West Coast office in the Presidio in San Francisco, California.
There are no job openings at the Garden Conservancy at the moment, but here are some opportunities at some of our partner organizations across the country:
- Landscape Director, The Fells Historic Estate and Gardens, Newbury, NH
- The Fells has initiated a search for a part-time seasonal landscape director. The Fells, a Garden Conservancy preservation partner, is located on the eastern shore of Lake Sunapee, facing Mount Sunapee in Newbury, New Hampshire, near Dartmouth College and easy access to I-89. Read the job description and application process. Posted July 21, 2017
- Executive Director, Greenwood Gardens, Short Hills, NJ
- The executive director serves as the chief executive officer, primary spokesperson, and lead advocate for Greenwood Gardens, a 28-acre historic garden oasis incorporated as a nonprofit organization. Located twenty-five miles west of New York City in Essex County, Greenwood Gardens opened to the public in 2013. Read the job description and application process. Posted April 18, 2017
- Gardener, Soos Creek Botanical Garden, Auburn, WA
- Part-time garden maintenance position, with hours varying by season. Read the job description and application process. Posted April 17, 2017
- Executive Director, Lakewold Gardens, Lakewood, WA
- The executive director of Lakewold Gardens functions as the chief executive officer of the corporation, responsible for implementation of policies set by the board of directors as well as annual goals and objectives, and financial, program, and administrative management of the corporation. Read the full job description and how to apply. Posted March 12, 2017
- Horticulture Apprenticeship 2017, Yew Dell Botanical Gardens, Crestwood, KY
- Twelve-month internship for recent college graduates, an opportunity to gain hands-on experience and have exposure to all the workings of a public botanical garden. Read the full job description.
To apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, a letter of recommendation from your academic advisor, and two letters of recommendation from former or current employers via www.hortjobs.com.
- Estate gardener, Bakwin Garden, central Westchester County, NY
- A year-round, fulltime job at a 50-acre estate in central Westchester. The garden has been featured in our Open Days and many other tours. For more information and contact details, read the attached description from the garden owner.
Page last updated on July 21, 2017