The Garden Conservancy is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to preserving, sharing, and celebrating America's gardens and diverse gardening traditions for the education and inspiration of the public. Our office is in Garrison, in the New York's Hudson Valley.
Opportunities at the Garden Conservancy
- Database Assistant, Garrison, NY
- Headquartered in New York State’s Hudson Valley, the Garden Conservancy
is a national nonprofit that works to preserve, share, and celebrate America’s gardens and diverse gardening traditions for the education and inspiration of the public. The Database Assistant is primarily responsible for daily gift processing, donor acknowledgments, and the updating and day-to-day maintenance of the organization’s donor database. Read the full job description.
Posted February 7, 2020
- Communications Intern, Garrison, NY
- The Garden Conservancy seeks a communications intern to assist in implementing effective communications that promote the Garden Conservancy's mission of preserving, sharing, and celebrating America's gardens and diverse gardening traditions for the education and inspiration of the public. Read the full job description.
Posted January 28, 2020
Opportunities at allied organizations around the country
- Director of Education, The Fells, Newbury, NH
- The Fells Historic Estate & Gardens in Newbury, NH, seeks a Director of the Education department, who will work closely with the executive director and assume responsibility for all educational programming, including classes, group tours, exhibits, docent training, and supervision of the educational intern. Read the full job description.
Posted December 24, 2019
- Full-time Gardener, Greenwood Gardens, Short Hills, NJ
- Greenwood Gardens, a nonprofit public garden and 28-acre historic site and a preservation partner of the Garden Conservancy, is seeking a full-time gardener. The gardener will report to the Head of Horticulture and be an integral part of the Horticulture team, participating in establishing and maintaining new perennial and shrub boarders, rain garden, and other newly planted areas undergoing restoration. Read the full job description.
Posted November 19, 2019
- Assistant Gardener, E. B. Dunn Historic Garden Trust, Seattle, WA
- The E. B. Dunn Historic Garden Trust seeks an experienced horticulturist to join its team at Dunn Gardens, a member of the Garden Conservancy Northwest Network. The Assistant Gardener is a full-time, year-round position reporting to the Curator / Head Gardener. Read the full job description
Posted September 25, 2019
- Outreach and Development Administrator, Meerkerk Gardens, Greenback, WA
- Meerkerk Rhododendron Gardens, a nonprofit public garden on Whidbey Island and a member of the Garden Conservancy Northwest Network, is looking for a publicity, outreach, promotions, and development administrator to work 24 hours per week on the garden's advertising, outreach projects, and special events promotion. Read more.
Posted September 18, 2019
- Garden Curator, Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens, Jacksonville, FL
- The Cummer Museum, a longtime organizational partner in Garden Conservancy Open Days, has created a new position for a garden curator to manage its living works of art and historic gardens. Learn more by viewing the full job description for the Doolittle Family Garden Curator on the Cummer Museum's website.
Posted May 24, 2019
- The Ruth Bancroft Garden, Walnut Creek, CA
- The Ruth Bancroft Garden has several openings. See the employment opportunities page on ruthbancroftgarden.org.
- Estate Head Gardener, Côte Des Fleurs, near Montreal
- Côte Des Fleurs, a 350-acre, 35-year-old, work-in-progress situated in an agricultural region 45' west of Montreal, seeks an enthusiastic and experienced Estate Head Gardener to help manage and refine the gardens our estate. The estate comprises hillside gardens designed by Joe Eck and Wayne Winterrowd, a walled garden, water features, formal tree allées, planted hedgerows, coniferous and deciduous forests and a developing arboretum, acres of manicured lawns, active agricultural fields, an apple orchard, a vineyard, an apiary, numerous architectural elements and structures, a greenhouse, and thousands of tons of dry stone masonry. Read more.
Contact: Chris Overing, covering@CoteDesFleurs.com, 514.516.6116
Posted March 26, 2019
- Gardens Program Manager, Alcatraz and Black Point, San Francisco, CA
- The Golden Gate Parks Conservancy has a fulltime opening for an individual to engage the local community in transforming, rehabilitating, and maintaining the two historic gardens in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. Click here to read the full job description.
Apply online by May 3 at www.parksconservancy.org/careers.
Posted March 20, 2019
- Estate Gardener, Afterglow Farm, Port Washington, WI
- Afterglow Farm, a private estate that has participated in Garden Conservancy Open Days, seeks an experienced gardener to assist lead gardener in the maintenance of annual and perennial gardens, lawns, shrubs, and trees. Click here to read the full job description.
Posted March 7, 2019
- Office Assistant, Bellevue Botanical Garden, Bellevue, WA
- The City of Bellevue is accepting applications for a partially benefited, part time (15 hours/week) Office Assistant to support the Bellevue Botanical Garden. This person will help primarily with facility rental bookings and other administrative tasks. Click here to read the full posting and apply.
Posted March 5, 2019
- Horticulturist, McLaughlin Garden & Homestead, South Paris, ME
- McLaughlin Garden seeks a horticulturist/gardener who would provide professional leadership and maintenance of the McLaughlin landscapes—historic and evolving. Click here to read the full job description and application process.
Posted January 25, 2019
- Garden Manager, Longue Vue House & Gardens, New Orleans, LA
- Longue Vue House & Gardens seeks a Garden Manager responsible for supervising a six-member garden staff and personally cultivating all horticultural aspects of the eight-acre site. Click here to read the full job description and application process.
Posted October 8, 2019