The Garden Conservancy is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to preserving, sharing, and celebrating America's gardens and diverse gardening traditions for the education and inspiration of the public. Our office is in Garrison, in New York's Hudson Valley.
Job opportunities at The Garden Conservancy
- Marketing and Digital Content Manager
- The Marketing and Digital Content Manager will work closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications, as well as various departments within the organization, to raise awareness of The Garden Conservancy among the public and all key constituencies—including donors, prospects, members, partners, volunteers, and media—to increase visibility, favorability, and encourage participation in the Conservancy and its programs. They will work closely with staff in all departments to create and support comprehensive marketing strategies with a focus on content management and creation. This includes: print and digital publications, digital and print newsletters, social media, website management, graphic design, and video. They will ensure continuity, public awareness, and incorporation of The Garden Conservancy’s programs and strategic priorities in support of the organization’s mission to preserve, share and celebrate America’s gardens and diverse gardening traditions. Click here to read the full job description and for application instructions.
Posted November 3, 2022
- Database Assistant
- The Database Assistant is primarily responsible for daily gift processing, constituent record keeping, updating and day-to-day maintenance of the organization’s donor database, and constituent customer service. Click here to read the full job description and for application instructions.
Posted October 28, 2022
- Administrative Assistant
- The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the operation of headquarters, providing administrative support for various Garden Conservancy programs and events, and has primary responsibility for answering phones, and providing general information. Click here to read the full job description and for application instructions.
Posted November 11, 2022
Opportunities at allied organizations around the country:
- Seasonal Gardener, Sleepy Cat Farm, CT
- Perform horticultural tasks such as planting, weeding, watering, and mulching of display beds and containers.The seasonal gardener is expected to maintain areas to a high standard. Ability to prune shrubs and perennials. Ability to operate power equipment such as leaf blowers and weed trimmers. Click here to read the full job description and for application instructions.
Posted November 16, 2022
- Horticulturist, Sleepy Cat Farm, CT
- Year-round maintenance of perennial borders, Vines and greenhouse- pruning, weeding, transplanting, watering, and greenhouse maintenance. Collaboration with the Gardening team and Landscape architect as well as owner. Work actively when necessary with other employees on the farm, as well as some vendors. Click here to read the full job description and for application instructions.
Posted November 16, 2022
- Director of Horticulture, Bloedel Reserve, WA
- The Director of Horticulture is responsible for fulfilling the Bloedel Reserve’s horticultural and aesthetic vision based on the Reserve’s guiding documents, i.e., the Heritage Landscape and Character Defining Features Reports. The Director of Horticulture establishes and implements aesthetic and horticultural standards and best practices of garden care and maintenance. Click here to read the full job description and for application instructions.
Posted October 13, 2022
- Horticulturalist, Clay Hill, Millwood, VA
- Clay Hill, a private residential property outside of Millwood, VA, is seeking a full-time, salaried professional Horticulturalist. The grounds, which have been featured on garden tours, include floral and vegetable gardens, a greenhouse, an orangerie, a waterlily pond, a boxwood collection, and in-door plants. Click here to read the full job description and for application instructions.
Posted June 13, 2022
- Estate Gardener, Afterglow Farm, Port Washington, WI
- Afterglow Farm, a 120-acre private country residence in the town of Port Washington, WI, seeks a full-time Estate Gardner. Under the direction of a Lead Gardener, the Estate Gardener will have responsibilities for the maintenance of annual and perennial gardens, lawns, shrubs, and trees. Click here to read the full job description and for application instructions.
Posted June 1, 2022
- Seasonal Gardener, Greenwood Gardens, Short Hills, NJ
- Greenwood Gardens, a nonprofit public garden and 28-acre historic site and a preservation partner of the Garden Conservancy, is seeking a seasonal gardener. The gardener will report to the Head of Horticulture and be an integral part of the Horticulture team, participating in establishing and maintaining new perennial and shrub boarders, rain garden, and other newly planted areas undergoing restoration. Read the full job description.
Posted May 9, 2022
- Horticulture & Trail Maintenance Position (Part-time & Seasonal), Otsego Land Trust, Otsego County, NY
- The Otsego Land Trust in upstate New York is seeking a part-time/seasonal Horticulture & Trail Maintenance employee. The Horticulture & Trail Maintenance position reports to the Public Lands Manager. Click here to read the full job description and application process.
Posted April 26, 2022