The Garden Conservancy is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to saving and sharing outstanding American gardens for the education and inspiration of the public. Our headquarters office is in New York's Hudson Valley in Garrison, and our West Coast office in the Presidio in San Francisco, California.
Opportunities at the Garden Conservancy:
- Communications Intern
- A part-time position to assist with implementing effective communications which promote the Garden Conservancy's mission. Read the job description and application process.
Posted March 14, 2018
- Development Director
- Reporting directly to the president, the Development Director will lead all aspects of the Garden Conservancy's fundraising, establishing and implementing strategies to meet annual revenue goals and to broaden the base of support. Read the job description and application process.
Posted November 1, 2017
Opportunities at some of our partner organizations across the country:
- Nursery/Garden Asssistant, Meerkerk Gardens, Greenbank, WA
- Meerkerk Gardens, a member of the Garden Conservancy Northwest Network, is looking for a talented Nursery/Garden Assistant to be responsible for nursery operation and maintenance, to provide outreach, and to assist with garden maintenance. Part-time. More details on the Meerkerk Gardens website.
Posted April 17, 2018
- Garden Curator, Lan Su Chinese Garden, Portland, OR
- As a member of the horticulture department, the Garden Curator will manage the garden’s plant collection and educate the public and Lan Su Chinese Garden members about the collection and, through the collection, Chinese culture. Read the job description and application process.
Posted April 5, 2018
- Head Gardener, Hortulus Farm Garden and Nursery, Wrightstown, PA
- Head gardener for this 100-acre, 18th-century farmstead and pleasure garden in Bucks County, PA, which boasts 24 individual gardens on 30 of its acres. Read the job description.
Posted February 22, 2018
- Lead Gardener, Lakewold Gardens, Lakewood, WA
- The lead gardener supervises and performs horticulture and landscape activities of the Horticulture Team and volunteers, while working in concert with the Facilities and Administrative teams. Read the job description. Lakewold is a member of the Garden Conservancy Northwest Network.
Posted October 30, 2017
- Executive Director, Lord & Schryver Conservancy, Salem, OR
- The Lord & Schryver Conservancy, whose mission is to preserve and interpret the legacy of pioneering Pacific Northwest landscape architects Elizabeth Lord and Edith Schryver, is recruiting its first full-time Executive Director. Candidates should have experience in leadership, fundraising, program development, and community outreach. Read the job description.
Posted September 28, 2017
- Landscape Director, The Fells Historic Estate and Gardens, Newbury, NH
- The Fells has initiated a search for a part-time seasonal landscape director. The Fells, a Garden Conservancy preservation partner, is located on the eastern shore of Lake Sunapee, facing Mount Sunapee in Newbury, New Hampshire, near Dartmouth College and easy access to I-89. Read the job description and application process.
Posted July 21, 2017