Other Ways to Give
Interested in other ways that you can be a part of our success?
Learn more about our opportunities and programs for matching gifts, planned giving, and other ways to support our mission to save and share gardens.
- Gifts of Appreciated Securities
- The Garden Conservancy accepts gifts of appreciated securities, which are sold upon receipt to support our preservation, Open Days, and educational programs. A gift of stock provides significant benefits to the donor, including charitable tax deduction and savings on capital gains taxes.
To make a gift of appreciated stock, please contact Bridget Connors, Director of Membership and Annual Giving.
- Planned Giving
- THE FRANK & ANNE CABOT SOCIETY
The Garden Conservancy honors our visionary founders through the Frank & Anne Cabot Society, recognizing donors who have made planned gifts to support the future of our organization. We celebrate those whose generosity ensures that the legacy of extraordinary gardens—the living horticultural heritage and part of the cultural legacy of America—is available for generations to come.
For more information about the Frank & Anne Cabot Society, please call Sarah Parker at 845.424.6500, M-F, 9-5 Eastern or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also view our planned giving brochure to learn more.
- Corporate and Foundation Giving
- Corporate and Foundation grants and sponsorships provide essential support toward our mission.
General support grants allow us to allocate resources where the organization most needs them. Gifts from corporations and foundations can also be directed to provide major support to one or more of our core activities: preservation and interpretation of significant gardens across the country; Our Open Days public outreach Program which reaches tens of thousands of people across the country each year; and educational programming including lectures, expert-led tours and demonstrations, and conferences to support and strengthen the field of garden preservation.
- Matching gifts
- Your contribution may result in additional support for the Garden Conservancy, as many companies match gifts made by their employees. Please contact your employer to obtain the necessary forms and submit them along with your contribution, and we’ll take care of the rest!
- Did you know that every time you shop on AmazonSmile, a percentage of your purchase can be donated back to the Garden Conservancy? At no cost to you, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of every eligible purchase to the Garden Conservancy when you make us your charitable organization of choice.
Visit www.smile.amazon.com, login with your regular Amazon account information, select the Garden Conservancy Inc as your charitable organization, and start shopping!
We’ll only receive donations from purchases made through Smile.Amazon.com directly, rather than through Amazon.com, so be sure to bookmark www.smile.amazon.com!
The Garden Conservancy
December 2022 Newsletter
Become a member and you'll get a subscription to all of our printed and electronic publications.
A few personal perspectives