Sat, Oct 14
10:00 AM- 4:00 PM
We are proud to partner with the Gardening Volunteers of South Texas for this Open Day.
Please note: Three additional gardens have been added to this date, after publication of the 2017 Open Days Directory; see their listings below.
Admission to each garden is $7, cash or check, for members and nonmembers without tickets purchased in advance.
Members of the GVST will be at the following locations selling a discounted day pass ($36 for all six gardens):
Saturday, September 16th from noon to 2pm: Milberger's Nursery, 3920 N Loop 1604 E, San Antonio. www.milbergernursery.com
Saturday, September 23rd from 9am to noon: Shades of Green, 334 West Sunset Road, San Antonio. www.shadesofgreensa.com
Or, buy discounted admission tickets in advance; please allow 7-10 days for mail delivery. They never expire and can be used at most Open Days to make garden visiting easier.
Nonmembers get 6 visits for the price of 5 with advanced ticket book purchase.
Members get 50% off ONLY by purchasing ticket books in advance.
- Gilliam GardenSat 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM • 640 Terrell Road, Terrell Hills. San Antonio, TX, 78209
The homeowners, who lived in England and traveled extensively throughout Europe and Asia, began construction of their house almost five years ago.
- Peterson GardenSat 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM • 9103 Rushing Street, Colonies Village Vance Jackson. San Antonio, TX, 78230
When the Petersons designed and built their modern house they knew they wanted a garden to match.
- Fisher GardenSat 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM • 301 Lilac Lane, Terrell Hills. San Antonio, TX, 78209
The homeowners are lifetime residents of San Antonio and their desire was to capture the best of Texas in their cottage-style garden...
- Ware GardenSat 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM • 317 Limestone Creek, Hill Country Village. San Antonio, TX, 78232
When you enter through the beautiful custom-designed front gate, you’ll be surrounded by natural wildflower meadows edged with boxwood...
- Tupper Beinhorn GardenSat 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM • 210 West Elsmere Place, Monte Vista. San Antonio, TX, 78212
This 1929 Spanish Colonial Revival style home, popularized by Atlee B. Ayers, makes a striking backdrop for the front garden...
- Coopman GardenSat 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM • 1602 Doe Crest Street, Deerfield. San Antonio, TX, 78248
When the Coopmans built their home some thirty years ago, they worked closely with the developer to save as many trees as possible...