Sun, May 3, 2020
10:00 AM- 4:00 PM
We regret to report that this Open Day has been canceled due to the current coronavirus situation, in step with guidelines from public health and local government officials.
Start your day at our Lead Garden, Merrihew's Sunset Gardens, where maps and discounted admission tickets will be available, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Private gardens are open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Admission to each garden is $10 per person and children 12 and under are free.
Or, buy discounted admission tickets in advance (allow 10 days shipping time):
Nonmembers get 6 visits for the price of 5 with advanced ticket book purchase
Members get 50% off ONLY by purchasing ticket books in advance
- Merrihew's Sunset GardensSun 9:30 AM- 3:30 PM • 1526 Ocean Park Boulevard. Santa Monica, CA, 90405
- Adams Family GardenSun 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM • Santa Monica, CA, 90402
The Adams family has lived in this 1926 Mediterranean-style house for 28 years. Since the garden’s last appearance on Open Days in 2011, the garden has changed to reflect even more how we look at sustainability...
- Casa NancinaSun 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM • Santa Monica, CA, 90405
Garden designer Nancy Goslee Power’s own garden, Casa Nancina, is discovered behind a barn-red gate, where one enters a series of small, colorful courtyards...
- King GardenSun 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM • Santa Monica, CA, 90405
Designed in 2008, this residential garden in the Sunset Park area demonstrates that stormwater capture systems can be both practical and beautiful.
- The Edna May GardenSun 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM • Santa Monica, CA, 90403
Before Edna May and her husband, Charles, bought this Santa Monica property in the early 1960s, it had belonged to her Aunt Lottie, who ran a begonia farm next door.
- The Hodes GardenSun 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM • Santa Monica, CA, 90402
The brief was to create a garden with open spaces for children to run, a play area, and a small vegetable garden, while maintaining a degree of sophistication.
Members receive a copy of the Directory free! You can also order additional copies and admission tickets to Open Days here.