Sun, Sep 8, 2019
10:00 AM- 4:00 PM
Admission to each garden is $10 per person and children 12 and under are free.
Don't forget to buy discounted admission tickets in advance. They can be used at most Open Days to make garden visiting easier.
Nonmembers get 6 visits for the price of 5 with advanced ticket book purchase.
Members get 50% off ONLY by purchasing ticket books in advance.
Private gardens open on this date are part of the Hollister House Garden Study Weekend IX in Litchfield County, CT.
*Please note, admission to Hollister House Garden on this date includes admission to the Rare & Unusual Plant Sale (pre-purchased Open Days tickets will not be accepted at this location).
Hours at Hollister House for the Rare & Unusual Plant Sale are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; all other gardens are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Hollister HouseSun 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM • 300 Nettleton Hollow Rd. Washington, CT, 06793
Situated around an eighteenth-century farmhouse in the Litchfield Hills of northwest Connecticut, this romantic country garden features exuberant plantings...
- Brush Hill Gardens—Charles Raskob Robinson & Barbara Paul RobinsonSun 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM • 55 Nettleton Hollow Road. Washington, CT, 06793
The garden has been featured in many articles and books, including Rosemary Verey's book, The Secret Garden, and HGTV's "A Gardener's Diary"...
- The RocksSun 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM • 21 Kirby Road. Washington, CT, 06793
The Rocks is the pre-eminent example of the many summer cottages built by notable New York architect Ehrick Rossiter in and around Washington's green a century ago...
- The SumacsSun 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM • 23 Ferry Bridge Road. Washington, CT, 06793
The garden at The Sumacs extends over nine acres and includes a perennial garden...
- Pine Meadow GardensSun 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM • 237 Old Waterbury Road. Southbury, CT, 06488
Pine Meadow Gardens, Inc. is a design/ build landscape firm. The gardens surrounding the house and office are approximately 6 acres.