Sat, Apr 14
10:00 AM- 4:00 PM
We are proud to partner with the Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens to bring you this Open Day.
Private gardens are open 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Start your day at the Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens (open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.) Day Passes and maps will be available here.
Admission: Purchase day passes ($30 for four private gardens) available only at the Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens, OR pay $10 per person at each private garden. Admission to Cummer Museum is included.
*SPECIAL EVENT: On Friday, April 13, 10-11 a.m., at the Cummer Museum's bookshop, join landscape historian Judith Tankard for a signing of her latest book, Ellen Shipman and the American Garden, which features the Italian Garden at the Cummer.
- Garden of Mr. & Mrs. William H. MorrisSat 12:00 PM- 4:00 PM • 3700 Oak Point Avenue. Jacksonville, FL, 322210
This property was purchased as a vacant lot in 1996. Over the next few years, plans for the gardens and house were developed with construction complete in 2003. Formal gardens surround the English Baroque-style house...
- Garden of Ann & David HicksSat 12:00 PM- 4:00 PM • 4705 Ortega Boulevard. Jacksonville, FL, 322210
In 1991, two riverfront properties and houses were joined, creating one family house and garden. Mary Palmer Dargan of Dargan Landscape Architects was engaged to integrate the grounds.
- Garden of Mr. & Mrs. Preston HaskellSat 12:00 PM- 4:00 PM • 4971 Morven Road. Jacksonville, FL, 322210
The Haskell Gardens comprise three acres of lush plantings, a contemporary house, and fourteen large abstract outdoor sculptures that are integrated into the landscape...
- Anne & John Baker GardenSat 12:00 PM- 4:00 PM • 3710 Richmond Street. Jacksonville, FL, 32205
Anne Baker always wanted a white garden in the style of the old gardens of the southeast. At the garden entry are an inviting courtyard and fountain, a seating area, and pots filled with seasonal flowers...
- The Cummer Museum of Art & GardensSat 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM • 829 Riverside Avenue. Jacksonville, FL, 32204
The Cummer Gardens, acknowledged by the National Register of Historic Places, have a fascinating history and bear the imprint of some of the foremost names in landscape design and horticulture...