Sat, Jul 15
Please note the times vary by garden for this Open Day.
There is one additional garden open on this date in nearby Dutchess County, NY; click here for details.
Admission to each private garden is $7 for members and nonmembers without tickets purchased in advance.
Buy discounted admission tickets in advance! They never expire and can be used at most Open Days to make garden visiting easier.
Nonmembers get 6 visits for the price of 5 with advanced ticket book purchase.
Members get 50% off ONLY by purchasing ticket books in advance.
There are two Digging Deeper events taking place on this date at additional locations:
- An Artist's Palette at High Meadow - The Garden and Studio with Painter John Funt; 9 a.m. in Norfolk
- Insider's Tips on Trees at Mica Quarry Estate with Buddy Nixon; 10 a.m. in Kent
- Garden of Bunny WilliamsSat 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM • 1 Point of Rocks Road. Falls Village, CT, 06031
Interior designer and garden book author Bunny Williams’ intensively planted fifteen-acre estate has a sunken garden with twin perennial borders surrounding a fishpond...
- Garden of Lee LinkSat 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM • 99 White Hollow Road. Sharon, CT, 06069
Three stone walls cascade down a hillside at the top of which is a greenhouse containing a wide spectrum of succulents and tropical plants...
- Garden of Jane GarmeySat 1:00 PM- 5:00 PM • 106 Cogswell Road. West Cornwall, CT, 06796
An idiosyncratic garden that began to take shape about twelve years ago and surrounds an 1827 house, shielded from the road by a row of 250-year-old sugar maples...
- Hollister HouseSat 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM • 300 Nettleton Hollow Rd. Washington, CT, 06793
Situated around an eighteenth-century farmhouse in the Litchfield Hills of northwest Connecticut, this romantic country garden features exuberant plantings...
- Peter's OpusSat 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM • 58 Briggs Hill Road. Sherman, CT, 6784
This Connecticut mountaintop conifer garden has been described by garden writer Tovah Martin as "astonishingly majestic and refreshingly unique."
- Fernwood10:00 AM- 4:00 PM • 152 Litchfield Road. Norfolk, CT, 06058
The garden was originally designed when the house was built in 1908. Both are in the English Arts and Crafts style...