Summary: Headquartered in New York State’s Hudson Valley, the Garden Conservancy
is a national nonprofit that works to save and share America’s outstanding gardens for the education and inspiration of the public.
The Director of Fellows Tours will develop, plan, and execute a well-rounded schedule of garden-study tours and day trips to enrich and expand the Garden Conservancy’s Society of Fellows program in keeping with the Garden Conservancy’s core mission objectives. In doing so, the Director of Fellows Tours plays a key role in managing donor relationships, with the purpose of relationship-building, cultivation, and donor stewardship.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess the program’s effectiveness and implement changes and strategies to improve results.
- Broaden the Society of Fellows by identifying Fellows and local prospects and leaders, like-minded garden owners, and professionals around the country to provide ideas, hosting, and introductions to their community.
- Create, manage, and update a 3-year calendar of garden-study tours and day trips.
- Develop and manage budgets for the garden-study tours and day trips.
- Design, implement, and execute high quality and appealing garden-study tours and day trips, both nationally and internationally, which are seen as the primary member benefit of the Society of Fellows.
- Manage all logistics relating to garden-study tours and day trips, including promotion and registration.
- Execute other responsibilities as needed in support of the mission of the Garden Conservancy.
- Work closely and collaboratively with staff colleagues to build on and maximize the effectiveness of key organizational efforts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities
- Documented experience in planning group travel, special events, meetings, and/or programs
- Ability to interact with high-level donors with grace, patience, and discretion
- Proficiency in written and oral communications
- Ability to work effectively with vendors
- Solid understanding of budgets and budgeting process
- Knowledge – or the willingness to obtain it – of gardens and design traditions
- Ability to travel and to work evenings and weekends
Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, development, project management, and database software, and contact management systems.
Bachelor's degree (B.A. / B.S.) from four-year college or university and six to eight years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Mention “Director of Fellows Tours” in the subject line.